Timberhill Dental Community Star Scholarship
Dr. Kurt Black, the founder of Timberhill Dental, is a strong advocate of staying active in the local community. He is passionate about volunteering and frequently partners with local companies and leaders to better the community including the Assistance League of Corvallis and NW Medical Teams.
Occasionally referred to as the “Candy Dentist,” he is known for his annual Halloween “Dollars-Not-Decay” candy buy-back campaign that has collected over 10,000 pounds of candy; translating to more than $11,000 for local charities. Dr. Black also sponsors and donates materials for several tooth whitening charity events collecting more than $65,000 for community members in need of medical care, high school sports teams and other local non-profits.
In this spirit of community support, he has created the Timberhill Dental Community Star Scholarship program. And you don’t have to be a local of Corvallis, OR! Anyone that meets the eligibility requirements can apply for this scholarship by describing how a college education will help them bring positive change to the health of their local community.
Congratulations to the 2017 scholarship awardee, Jacqueline Anthony, who will be attending the University of Georgia, Athens!!!
$1,000 Scholarship Award
- Anyone applying to enroll at a college or university for the 2018 academic year, or anyone currently enrolled in a college or university that will continue enrollment for the 2018 academic year.
- To be considered, applicants must have a 3.25 GPA or higher. (Please provide a valid transcript).
- Applications will only be accepted between April 1st to June 1st, 2018. Any submissions outside of these dates will not be considered.
- Proof of Legal Residency in the U.S.A. is required.
- Submit a 500-700 word essay to TimberhillDentalScholarship@gmail.com responding to the following question: If you had the ability to change the health of your local community in one positive way, what would it be?
- A $1000 scholarship will be rewarded to the winning finalist to be used for educational expenses at the university of his or her choice.
Additional Application Information:
- In your email, be sure to include your name, email address, and phone number.
- Attach your essay, proof of legal residency in the U.S., most recent school transcript, and proof of enrollment in a university to the email.
- Send all attachments in PDF format.
- Please, no phone calls. Send all relevant questions to the email listed above.
We look forward to reviewing your essay!
Did You Know?
Dr. Black offers free second opinions and can help you make the best choice for your dental and overall health.