Sleep Apnea Dentist Corvallis, OR
Are you tired all the time even though you think you’re getting enough sleep? Does your loud snoring keep your partner awake? Do you wake up during the night gasping for breath? If so, you might be one of the nearly 20 million Americans who suffer from sleep apnea.
At Timberhill Dental, we can help you overcome sleep apnea and get the restful, rejuvenating sleep you need.
What is Sleep Apnea?
Sleep apnea is a condition that causes your breathing to stop while you sleep– often as frequently as 30 times each hour. These brief periods of apnea signal the brain to wake you up to restart your breathing.
Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) results when the soft tissue in the back of the throat collapses, closing off your airway.
Central Sleep Apnea
Central sleep apnea (CSA) is caused by misfiring signals from the brain. Your muscles aren’t being told to breath.
Complex Sleep Apnea
Complex sleep apnea is a combination with both obstructive and central causes.
Are You Experiencing…
• Difficulty sleeping through the night
• Shortness of breath after waking
• Choking or snorting sounds
• Morning headaches
• Drowsiness even during the day
• Loud snoring
• Forgetfulness or foggy thinking
Any of these symptoms can be caused by sleep apnea, a potentially serious condition.
At Timberhill Dental we’re happy to offer you a free consultation to assess your risk, discuss your symptoms and begin the process of diagnosing sleep apnea. If a health care provider has ruled out sleep apnea and you’re still not sleeping well, we are happy to offer you a complimentary second opinion about some dental concerns that may be disrupting your sleep.
Did You Know?
Sleep apnea is often difficult to diagnose because while you may wake up dozens or even hundreds of times every night, it’s often for only a few seconds at a time. Most people don’t remember waking up at all. They just know they’re tired all day.
But diagnosing and treating sleep apnea is important. Extreme cases of sleep apnea can even be deadly. We can help you understand your risk factors for sleep apnea and work with you to develop a treatment plan that works.
Do you want to learn more about sleep apnea?
Call Timberhill Dental at (541) 754-0144
Are You at Risk for Sleep Apnea?
Risk Factors Include:
Our Approach to Sleep Apnea
Diagnosing and treating sleep apnea may be challenging.
- The first step to a cure and healthy, restful sleep is to make an appointment at Timberhill Dental to discuss your symptoms and risk factors.
- After we confirm a suspicion of mild sleep apnea, we’ll begin to explore the severity of your condition. In some cases, lifestyle changes like a healthier diet, increased exercise, quitting smoking, or just sleeping on your side might help alleviate the symptoms of mild sleep apnea.
- In more advanced cases a referral to your primary care physician will be indicated after which dental treatment alternatives to CPAP therapy may be discussed.
Get In Touch
We can help you get the relaxing, restful, rejuvenating sleep you need to enjoy a long, happy and healthy life.
If you suspect you may be suffering from sleep apnea, call Timberhill Dental at (541) 754-0144
Timberhill Dental also offers second opinions and will help you make the best choice for your health.