Dental Cleanings & Exams Corvallis, OR
Preventive Care for a Healthy Smile
Regular cleanings and dental exams are an important part of maintaining a healthy mouth. A thorough, professional cleaning goes a long way towards preventing gum disease and tooth decay. A thorough dental examination at Timberhill Dental can help to diagnose common dental problems before they become hazardous to your health.
At Timberhill Dental, our philosophy centers around prevention, early detection, and safe, minimally invasive solutions that protect your health and your teeth. Schedule your dental cleaning in Corvallis today!
Regular professional cleanings at your dentist’s office don’t just keep your smile looking beautiful, they also help prevent gum disease, tooth decay, and other common dental problems. If you come in for a professional cleaning at Timberhill Dental, our hygienists will:
- Remove plaque from your teeth. Plaque is a sticky substance that forms in your mouth from food, saliva, and bacteria. Plaque sticks to teeth and causes tooth decay and gum disease.
- Remove calculus (tartar) above the gum line. Calculus is plaque that has hardened on the tooth surface and is difficult to remove except by a skilled professional with the right diagnostics. Calculus below the gum line indicates gum disease and requires a different procedure to remove it.
- Polish and remove stains from teeth.
Regular dental examinations are the key to early detection. At Timberhill Dental, we use the latest digital x-ray and laser diagnostic technologies to identify disease before it becomes hazardous to your health, and before they become expensive or overly difficult to repair.
Your dental examination at our Corvallis office will generally include the following:
- Oral cancer screening
- Gum disease evaluation
- Visual examination of tooth decay
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays to diagnose cysts, decay, and other problems as early as possible
- Evaluation of status of current restorations (fillings and others)
Did You Know?
Dental decay (caries) is an epidemic.
Despite regular home care, dental caries is a lifelong disease for many people that progresses causing pain, financial distress, and eventual tooth loss. Advances in early detection and minimally invasive treatments have not impacted disease rates which have continued to rise.
We place the highest priority on caries risk assessment to provide answers to the questions… “Why do I keep getting cavities?” and “What can I do about it?”
The Timberhill Dental Philosophy
Timberhill Dental isn’t just another dental office in Corvallis. We’ve made it our mission to provide high-tech, high-touch dental care with a focus on prevention and early diagnosis. This allows us to avoid invasive treatments whenever possible. The more invasive the procedure, the more tooth structure that is lost. When treating patients, it is our goal to protect as much tooth structure as possible.
We also make our office as relaxing and welcoming as we can. Many patients have said it’s like walking into a spa.
Here’s what you can expect when you come in for a cleaning and exam:
- You’ll be greeted by our staff, who will offer you a warm beverage.
- You’ll be surrounded by a soothing, spa-like atmosphere that optimizes comfort.
- We’ll offer you complimentary amenities, like a comfortable neck pillow, a warm blanket, and a wax hand dip.
- You’ll have your teeth thoroughly cleaned by a skilled, experienced hygienist.
- We’ll talk to you about the health of your teeth and may make a recommendation for future care.
What Our Clients Say
“I’m very happy with my first experiences at Timberhill Dental. I received an exam and a cleaning. The exam was thorough and they spent plenty of time talking with me about my teeth and answering questions I had about my toddler’s future dental needs. I never thought I’d say it but I’m actually looking forward to going back and taking great care of my teeth thanks to all the lovely people at Timberhill Dental.“
– Leyna Jensen
“I cannot say enough about how great my experience was at Timberhill Dental. There are so many little touches (hot towel when you’re finished, warm paraffin hand treatments during cleanings, etc.) that make Timberhill stand out. I really felt like they all genuinely cared about me and my teeth and my experience in their office.“
– Shasta Barnes
Check out all our 5 star reviews!
Frequently Asked Questions
How often do I need a dental cleaning and exam?
Most people see the biggest benefit by visiting Timberhill Dental for a checkup and cleaning every 6 months. If you have a history of tooth decay or gum disease, more regular exams and cleanings may help you better stay on top of your dental health.
How long will my exam take?
If it’s your first visit to our office, expect to spend about 90 minutes with us. Your following exams and cleanings will take about 45-60 minutes.
Will dental insurance pay for my exam and cleaning?
Dental insurance has its drawbacks: low coverage limits, confusing restrictions, and frustrating-to-understand terms. If you have dental insurance, some or all of your exam and cleaning will likely be covered, but it all depends on your specific plan. Preventive care is often covered at the highest rate, compared to restorative or cosmetic treatments. Our Treatment and Financial Coordinator can explain your benefits and expected out-of-pocket investment for any treatment you receive at Timberhill Dental.
Do you do “high-tech” dental exams?
Yes! Our office has some of the most high-tech diagnostic and treatment equipment in Corvallis. During exams and cleanings, we use laser cavity detection tools to catch cavities early as well as 3D imaging technologies and digital x-rays.