Dental Cleanings & Exams Corvallis, OR
Preventive Care for a Healthy Smile
Regular cleanings and dental exams are an important part of maintaining a healthy mouth. A thorough, professional cleaning goes a long way towards preventing gum disease and tooth decay. A thorough dental examination at Timberhill Dental can help to diagnose common dental problems before they become hazardous to your health.
At Timberhill Dental, our philosophy centers around prevention, early detection, and safe, minimally invasive solutions that protect your health and your teeth. Schedule your dental cleaning in Corvallis today!
Regular professional cleanings at your dentist’s office don’t just keep your smile looking beautiful, they also help prevent gum disease, tooth decay, and other common dental problems. If you come in for a professional cleaning at Timberhill Dental, our hygienists will:
- Remove plaque from your teeth. Plaque is a sticky substance that forms in your mouth from food, saliva, and bacteria. Plaque sticks to teeth and causes tooth decay and gum disease.
- Remove calculus (tartar) above the gum line. Calculus is plaque that has hardened on the tooth surface and is difficult to remove except by a skilled professional with the right diagnostics. Calculus below the gum line indicates gum disease and requires a different procedure to remove it.
- Polish and remove stains from teeth.
Regular dental examinations are the key to early detection. At Timberhill Dental, we use the latest digital x-ray and laser diagnostic technologies to identify disease before it becomes hazardous to your health, and before they become expensive or overly difficult to repair.
Your dental examination at our Corvallis office will generally include the following:
- Oral cancer screening
- Gum disease evaluation
- Visual examination of tooth decay
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays to diagnose cysts, decay, and other problems as early as possible
- Evaluation of status of current restorations (fillings and others)