Root Canals Corvallis, OR
Protect and Keep Your Natural Teeth
Your natural teeth are precious. You should do everything you can to keep them healthy. But if one does get infected due to injury or decay, we can help save it. At Timberhill Dental in Corvallis our root canals use diagnostic technologies that aid in the diagnosis and treatment planning.
Root canals are performed when decay enters the pulp chamber at the center of a tooth. This area is home to the nerves and blood supply for the tooth, which is why a particularly painful tooth might need a root canal. By removing the infected pulp, the pain and infection are eliminated and the tooth itself can be saved.
Do You Need a Root Canal?
Root canals are performed on teeth that become infected as a result of decay or injury. If you’re experiencing one of the following symptoms, we recommend you make an appointment for a full evaluation for a root canal at our Corvallis office:
- Chronic tooth pain from contact with hot and cold liquids
- Intense pain when biting down or when pressure is applied to your tooth
We will use digital x-ray technology and laser diagnostic technologies, as well as years of experience diagnosing and treating tooth pain and decay, to determine if you need a root canal. If root canal treatment is necessary, we will refer you to a qualified endodontic specialist.
As part of this process, our Corvallis root canal experts will help you understand the health of your teeth, including:
- Possible causes, and the extent of any tooth decay we find
- The dangers an infection might pose
- The options available to you for replacing the tooth structure removed as part of the root canal procedure
- Your desire to maintain a natural, white, and healthy smile for a lifetime