Sedation Dentist Corvallis, OR
Say Goodbye to Dental Anxiety!
At Timberhill Dental in Corvallis, our philosophy is centered around your comfort. From our spa amenities, including hand wax dips, warm blankets, and gourmet coffees and teas to our high-tech, high-touch approach to dentistry, we’re committed to providing the most comfortable and relaxing experience possible.
The Timberhill Dental team care about your dental health and your overall health and well-being. We know that if you avoid visiting the dentist due to anxiety or fear, you’re not getting the treatment you need.
That’s why we offer needle-free conscious sedation dentistry at our Corvallis office. We are here to help provide you with a safe, effective way to alleviate dental anxiety.
Do You Suffer From?
- Dental Anxiety
- Extremely Sensitive Teeth
- Discomfort with Needles & Shots
- Difficulty Numbing Teeth & Gums
- Need for Extensive Dental Care
If you’re one of the millions of people who avoid visiting the dentist for one of these (or other) reasons, The Timberhill Dental team can help you get the dental care you need in a relaxing, comfortable environment.
In your complimentary consultation, you’ll learn more about our approach to dentistry, including:
- Additional benefits of sedation dentistry treatments.
- Risk factors that may predispose you to tooth decay and the importance of getting the dental care you need.
- Your desire to maintain a natural, white, and healthy smile for a lifetime.
Did You Know?
We’ve treated hundreds of patients in Corvallis who thought they needed sedation dentistry treatments. But believe it or not, after meeting with the rest of caring staff at Timberhill Dental, many choose to have their treatments performed without conscious sedation. These patients often tell us that our practice’s caring, gentle approach provides a relaxing, pleasant experience– even without sedation.
Also know that if you need it, conscious sedation is a truly great option that can work wonders.
How Conscious Sedation Dentistry Works
It’s a simple process that doesn’t involve intravenous (IV) medications or any needles at all!
- You’ll take an oral medication an hour before your scheduled appointment that will make you feel relaxed, at ease, and a little drowsy (you will need to have a friend or relative drive you to your appointment).
- To enhance the therapeutic effects of the medication, once in the dental chair you may also choose to receive nitrous oxide gas to help reduce anxiety even further.
- Throughout your treatment, your vital signs will be monitored closely and you’ll be completely safe and at-ease.
- You’ll be in a very relaxed and dreamy state during your treatment. Afterwards, most patients that have received conscious sedation report having little memory of their appointment.
Don’t Forget! You’ll be too relaxed to drive home. Make sure you have a friend or family member to bring you to your appointment and take you back home again.
What Our Clients Say
“My family and I have had a great experience with Timberhill Dental — from routine checkups and cleaning to more advanced dental procedures. Friendly, caring & professional service across the board, and the technology is advanced and modern.“
– Trevor Rogers
“So happy I found a great dentist and hygienist. Knowledgeable staff and very welcoming. I have many dental issues but I feel Timberhill Dental’s staff will take great care of me. Excited to have a dentist who listens and understands. “
– Linda Kyte Simon
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I be awake during conscious sedation?
Conscious sedation combines medicines that help you feel relaxed and also block pain. While you are sedated, you’ll probably stay awake, but you may doze on and off. Because of the effects of the medication, you’ll need to have a driver take you home.
When will the medicine take effect?
In most cases, you will feel the effects of conscious sedation within 30-60 minutes after taking the medicine. This effect will wear off with time and will generally fade away completely after 6-12 hours.
What do you use conscious sedation for?
It’s very important for us to help our patients feel comfortable at all times. That’s why we offer conscious sedation to help our patients overcome dental anxiety and feel relaxed during dental procedures.