Frequently Asked Questions
How long do dental fillings last?
DIAGNOdent® is a very accurate and useful diagnostic tool. In fact, according to this study, DIAGNOdent® had an accuracy of 97%, while a visual examination was only 52% accurate.
Can you spot a cavity too early?
There’s no such thing as detecting a cavity too early. When it comes to dental health, the sooner we discover these types of issues, the better we can treat them.
Will small cavities ever get better on their own?
Cavities do not heal naturally, no matter how small they are. If you already have a cavity, it’s important to treat it as soon as possible. If that’s your case, we’ll be happy to help you at our practice.
How do you treat cavities?
There are different types of treatments for cavities. Depending on the severity of your condition, your dentist may recommend you one of the following:
- Fillings: At Timberhill Dental, we use minimally invasive tooth-colored composite fillings.
- Crowns: This is a good option for severely affected teeth. This procedure restores the tooth’s original shape and size.
- Root canal: This type of treatment is used to treat severe issues, in which the cavity has reached the tooth’s pulp and caused an infection.
How can you prevent cavities?
Almost everyone gets a cavity at least once in their lifetime. However, you can avoid them by following these simple recommendations:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day with fluoride-containing toothpaste.
- Floss every day to clean between your teeth.
- Rinse daily with a fluoride-containing mouthwash.
- Get regular teeth cleanings and exams from your dentist twice a year.
Get In Touch
Are you ready to learn more about how Timberhill Dental can help you identify cavities before they cause serious damage?
call us at (541) 754-0144
Did You Know? We also offer second opinions.